Pat Thomas House provides 24/7 crisis accommodation and support centre for victims of family violence in Mandurah, Western Australia.
We are here to support our clients, women and children who are currently living with or escaping from violence and abuse in their homes. We understand the impact that ongoing trauma in the home can have on families. Our clients have frequently been isolated from family and friends, and can come from all walks of life, including teachers, lawyers and policewomen. We know that some women in these situations, have nowhere safe to go, may be worried about access to money and may need help understanding how to access the community services, financial support or legal protections that are available.
Securing safe affordable housing and accommodation is still the client’s number one concern. We provide a variety of accommodation options, and have access to a range of people, tools, networks and support strategies to assist you in making the next step in leaving your home, or staying in your home to create a safe place for you and your children.
We have a range of support services, available 24/7, for victims of family violence. To access support, call the number on our website.
The support we can offer includes:
Crisis accommodation for you and your children.
We have access to crisis accommodation at Pat Thomas House, that includes family rooms, with private bathrooms and a shared kitchen and lounge. The accommodation is secure and quiet with access to a range of community support services to assist you in getting back safely into the community. We also manage three transitional houses.
Planning and support services for victims of family violence.
We will help you co-ordinate an action plan, through utilising our range of services onsite, and through our established networks of community support. We have access to a range of people, tools, networks and support strategies to assist you in making the next step in staying in your current home, or establishing a new home, to create a safe place for you and your children.
We can support you through the daunting process of making decisions including:
- Help you through the decision making processes so you can make a safe exit plan
- Help you find somewhere to live, or help securing your current home
- Help you make a plan for what you need to pack
- Show you how to maintain your privacy with technology
- Help you establish personal bank accounts
- Help you access counselling, to give you the space to make decisions, and prepare yourself emotionally
- Help you understand and access financial support available through Centrelink, including child support
- Help you understand and access legal support available for the various legal issues that come with separation, including family violence orders, custody issues, child support, maintenance, and property settlement
- Provide information, referrals, liaison with police, legal referral, restraining order application assistance, safety planning.