Pat Thomas House Inc. is managed exclusively by a board of management elected from community members in the Peel region.
Board members are dedicated to our organisation’s vision and give their time and contribute skills voluntarily to support this vision.
The Board comprises a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and between two and nine other members.
The Executive Officer at Pat Thomas House is an ex-officio member.
The objectives of Pat Thomas House Inc. are:
- To establish a safe, secure and stable environment for women and children experiencing domestic and family violence and abuse
- To act as a resource and referral centre for victims of domestic and family violence, and
- To partner with providers and/or operate services consistent with the above objectives.
The principles on which the Board operates are based on Our Foundations, which include:
- Good governance in all that we do
- Supporting staff and their development
- Strong management and organisation
- Continuous quality improvement