Pat Thomas House provides 24/7 crisis accommodation and support centre for victims of family violence in Mandurah, Western Australia.
We are here to support women and children who are currently living with violence and abuse in their homes. We understand the impact that ongoing trauma in your home can have on you and your families. Our clients have frequently been isolated from family and friends, and have learnt to hide the impacts of trauma over time. We know that some women in these situations, have nowhere safe to go, may be worried about access to money and may need help understanding how to access the community services, financial support or legal protections that are available.
We will help you co-ordinate a plan to safety, through utilizing our range of services onsite, and through our established networks of community support. We have access to a range of people, tools, networks and support strategies to assist you in making the next step in leaving your home, or staying in your home (it’s your choice!) to create a safe place for you and your children.
We have a range of support workers, available 24/7, for victims of family violence. To access support, call the number on our website.
The support we can offer includes:
Crisis accommodation for you and your children.
We have access to crisis accommodation including single rooms and family rooms, with private bathrooms and a shared kitchen. The accommodation is secure and quiet with access to a range of community support services to assist you in getting back safely into the community.
Planning and support services for victims of family violence.
We will help you co-ordinate an action plan. We have a range of services onsite, and we have established strong networks with other community support services. We have access to a range of people, tools, networks and support strategies to assist you in making the next step in staying in your current home, or establishing a new home, to create a safe place for you and your children. We can support you through the daunting process of making decisions including:
- Helping you make a safe exit plan, either by leaving or having the perpetrators leave.
- Helping you find somewhere to live, or help securing your current home.
- Helping you make a plan for what you need to pack.
- Showing you how to maintain your privacy with technology.
- Establishing personal bank accounts.
- Helping you access counselling, to give you the space to make decisions, and prepare yourself emotionally for any changes.
- Helping you understand and access financial support available through Centrelink, and child support.
- Helping you understand and access legal support available, for the various legal issues that come with separation, including violence restraining orders, custody issues, child support, maintenance, and property settlement.